My insane travel schedule has made me an expert of sorts when it comes to packing fast and having everything you need. If you have been keeping up, I have been flying ALOT. New York, twice. Los Angeles. Little Rock, twice. And Friday, its off to High Point for Furniture Market.
With all of this travel comes the need to pack and unpack quickly so I can get on with whatever else I am needing to accomplish. Right now, it’s Designing with a Deadline for four new projects.
Packing needs to be stress free and here is how I accomplish that:
1. Container Store packing cubes. Love these babies ever since I used them for summer camp for the kiddies.
2. Wheelies or spinners and a lightweight suitcase. I refuse to let my luggage prevent me from taking my favorite shoes due to weight restrictions.
3. Packing list that can be passed off to my housekeeper if necessary so the basics can be packed without me being here. On paper or an app, either will work, but I highly recommend this. I have had my lists for years.
Pre-made packing list
4. Pack the basics first then come in the with accessories and color. I found this example recently and thought it was great.
5. Carry on anything you can’t live without including electronics and medications. It also goes without saying that you should dress as if your luggage was lost when you arrived. Look good when you fly and it will pay off if you meet your next boss, client or DO lose your luggage and don’t have a change of clothes.
These tips have served me well and if I missed any, feel free to add them in the comments here! Stay tuned for updates as I travel next week and bring you the best and brightest from High Point Market!